Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Mood


 
🎄Christmas is coming next week.  We bought for us some  treats from Europe:  dark chocolate cherrie from Hungary, marzipan candies from Austria, stollen and gluhwein from Germany. All these things remind me our family Christmas traditions. Getting tree this week , making some last moment handmade decoration, playing Christmas music every morning... What else you need for holidays mood? My love and my Treasure , my beloved husband James  and our pumpkin 6 months old. Warm cup of tea and shared Danish or chocolate cherry. This is the best!  To have your Family, people who understand you and love you unconditionally. Thanks God to bless me with my Boys!
 So I decided to share my favorite songs today. Lyrics makes my heart melt, like vanilla ice ream on hot chocolate fudge cake! What is your favorite song?



The Christmas Song

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, 
Jack Frost nipping on your nose, 
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir, 
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe, 
Help to make the season bright. 
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow, 
Will find it hard to sleep tonight. 

They know that Santa's on his way; 
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh. 
And every mother's child is going to spy, 
To see if reindeer really know how to fly. 

And so I'm offering this simple phrase, 
To kids from one to ninety-two, 
Although its been said many times, many ways, 
A very Merry Christmas to you

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Oh yeah, mmm
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on your troubles will be out of sight, yeah

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yuletide gay
From now on your troubles will be miles away, oh

Here we are as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore, ah
Faithful friends who are dear to us
They gather near to us once more, ooh

Through the years we all will be together and
If the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bow, oh yeah, oh
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now, oh, oh

Faithful friends who are dear to us
They gather near to us once more, oh, oh

Through the years we all will be together and
If the fates allow, oh yeah
But 'til then we'll have to muddle through somehow, oh yeah, oh, oh
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now, ooh yeah

Baby, it's cold outside!

I really can't stay
(But baby, it's cold outside)
I've got to go away
(But baby, it's cold outside)

This evening has been
(Been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice
(I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)

My mother will start to worry
(Beautiful, what's your hurry?)
My father will be pacing the floor
(Listen to the fireplace roar)

So really I'd better scurry
(Beautiful, please don't hurry)
But maybe just a half a drink more
(Put some records on while I pour)

The neighbors might think
(Baby, it's bad out there)
Say, what's in this drink?
(No cabs to be had out there)

I wish I knew how
(Your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell
(I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell)

I ought to say no, no, no, sir
(Mind if I move in closer?)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried
(What's the sense in hurting my pride?)

I really can't stay
(Baby, don't hold out)
Oh, but it's cold outside

I simply must go
(But baby, it's cold outside)
The answer is no
(But baby, it's cold outside)

This welcome has been
(How lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm
(Look out the window at that storm)

My sister will be suspicious
(Gosh, your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door
(Waves upon a tropical shore)

My maiden aunt's mind is vicious
(Ooh, your lips are delicious)
But maybe just a cigarette more
(Never such a blizzard before)

I've got to get home
(But baby, you'll freeze out there)
Say, lend me your coat
(It's up to your knees out there)

You've really been grand
(I thrill when you touch my hand)
But don't you see
(How can you do this thing to me?)

There's bound to be talk tomorrow
(Think of my life long sorrow)
At least there will be plenty implied
(If you caught pneumonia and died)

I really can't stay
(Get over that hold out)
Oh, but it's cold outside

No comments:

Post a Comment